Missed period, light bleeding and still it is a negative pregnancy test. Sometimes, negative pregnancy test doesn’t necessarily mean that you are not pregnant. There are several reasons for a missed period, light bleeding and negative pregnancy test, such as the test results might be wrong, you took the test wrong, or you took the test too early. Whether or not you want to become pregnant, these conflicting outcomes can lead to a great amount of stress, confusion and worry for any woman.
Here are the several reasons for a missed period and still negative pregnancy test:
- One of the biggest reasons is the miscalculation of your period. Usually, the menstrual cycle repeats for every 28 days. In case you have a regular 28-days cycle, you can count from the first day of your last menstrual cycle to find out the next period date.
- Sometimes, a home pregnancy test can give false results. Home tests will only give accurate results when the pregnancy hormone hCG is higher in levels. Also, make sure that the test kit you use is a well-known brand.
- When you follow improper directions, the result may be negative. Read the result under the specified time period, such as 5-10 minutes. Also dip the strip well in the urine.
- Detecting pregnancy too early may also be the reason for the negative test result. Also, your body should have enough hCG levels to detect the pregnancy.
- Another reason is poor urine sample. Usually, pregnancy tests are recommended to conduct with the first urine sample in the day. If you drink plenty of fluids prior to taking the test, hCG levels in the urine sample will get diluted thus leading to the false result.
- Different levels of hCG hormone is another reason for the negative result. Some women may notice that they are pregnant even they miss their period, while for others it will take a little longer. The varied hCG levels can produce negative results.
- An irregular period is also a common cause of a negative pregnancy test. Higher stress and anxiety levels can disturb the levels of reproductive hormones thus delaying ovulation or onset of menstruation.
Here are the reasons for light bleeding and still negative pregnancy test:
Light bleeding or spotting is medically termed as implantation bleeding, which occurs 6-12 days after ovulation and fertilization. By this time, your body cannot produce sufficient levels of hCG hormone to detect the pregnancy. So, the test result will be negative. You need to wait for a week or two to get accurate pregnancy test results.
If you still have implantation bleeding and the test results are negative, then you should talk to the physician. It may be a sign of another condition that you are not aware of or you could be just having irregular menstrual periods.